Search Alcuin and Flutterby


Search the Alcuin and Flutterby blog
search engine by freefind

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Poodle parlour in Purley


A thin man with a toothbrush
Stuck up his nose
Walks into a poodle parlour
In Purley.

The woman
Behind the counter
Looks at him.

The thin man with the toothbrush
Stuck up his nose
Looks back.

"What can I do for you, sir?"
Says the woman.

"I'd like to buy
An industrial-strength
Toothbrush-remover, please."

"Show me your poodle."

"I don't run a poodle."

"Do you have a poodle
Which runs itself?"

"I don't believe
In the existence
Of poodles."

"But are you sympathetic
To the general concept
Of poodles
As it functions
In the vernacular culture?"

"Wild poodles, yes.
Tame poodles, no.
Poodles should be left alone
To roam free
In the jungle."

"It is my duty
To enquire, sir,
Whether that is your last word
On the subject
Of poodles?"

"It is."

"Then for both business
And metaphysical reasons,
I must terminate this conversation."


................................


Images of poodles
1 2 3 4


Images of Purley
1 2 3 4

No comments: